All are welcome at God's Table!
SHARING WITH ALL PEOPLE GOD'S WORD, LOVE & SAVING GRACE
Yesterday we received a letter from Bishop Satterlee of the North/West Lower Michigan Synod that recommended that all ELCA congregations consider not hold any face to face meetings, including worship, through the end of March due to ongoing health concerns. This evening our Congregation Council meet to review his recommendations, pray together, and plan for the next three Sundays. The results of our discussion were that:
· BELC will be canceling all face-to-face activities, including Sunday morning and Wednesday evening potlucks and worship, Sunday School, Council, Boards, The Chili Cook-Off, and Circles through the end of March.
· A Sunday morning experience will be live streamed, with a link provided to members. As will our Wednesday Lenten services, so you may enjoy them from the comfort and safety at home.
· Times will be set and communicated for people to receive communion, by prior appointment.
· The church building will still be open 9-5, Monday-Friday, for you to come and pray.
· The Food Bank will continue full operation, limiting the number of people waiting INSIDE the building for food orders, and providing MORE food to families with children home from school.
· Acknowledging that plans may change, Council will review the above guidance on or before 3/31/20.
To view our worship experiences at 9:30 am on Sundays and 7:30 pm on Facebook, search “BELC Worship” on Facebook prior to Sunday morning and ask to join the group. A link will also be emailed for people without Facebook to still view the experiences (but you will still need a computer or other device connected to the internet).
During this time of anxiety and uncertainty it is more important than ever that we find creative ways of being community online. Continue to reach out to your friends, family, and fellow congregation members with the love of Christ.
We will continually communicate with you all during this time in as many ways possible, and if you have any needs, prayer concerns, or you would like to schedule a time to receive Communion, please call the church office at 482-3225.
I shared this prayer at our meeting this evening, and would like to share it again right now:
O God, where hearts are fearful and constricted, grant courage and hope. Where anxiety is infectious and widening grant peace and reassurance. Where impossibilities seem to close every door and window, grant imagination and fortitude. Where distrust twists our thinking, grant healing and illumination. Where spirits are daunted and weekend, grant soaring wings and strengthened dreams. All these things we ask in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
May the peace of Christ dwell in you richly,
SUNDAY WORSHIP SCHEDULE
WORSHIP: 9:30 a.m.
GROUP: BELC WORSHIP
LENTEN DEVOTION SCHEDULE
FACEBOOK LIVE GROUP: BELC WORSHIP